Saturday, February 6, 2010

Mark Fry-Dreaming With Alice


If you know what cover this is ripping off, then you're probably going to know what this will sound like. If you don't, then back to psych folk 101. And as much as I love Donovan, I even heard him in the grocery store today, this may improve on his hippie folk thing. As the title implies, there's a strand of dreaminess that permeates the tracks. But don't worry, I'm not giving up on the sad man music theme of the day. For all it's playfulness and innocence, I still find this kind of a downer. In some odd way, it's like Simon Finn's better groomed, less destroyed kid brother. Lots of cool experimentation too. This has somewhat of a following, but I can't figure out what it's not a larger cult. But can you really explain stupidity?

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment