Friday, June 10, 2011

Pant

Do you know these gents? If so then tell me more. I can't find fuck all about them. I assume they are from the British Isles but I'm not sure if that's accurate. I know it's on Redball. And I'd guess this is from 1978-81. What is obvious from this record is that it's about 30 years too early. If this was released today I'm quite certain there'd be lots of din and glamor chaunted about this group. It's actually way better than the pop that passes as acceptable currently so maybe that's not fair for me to say. Nice, lo-fi home sounds. 4 tracks and all are keepers. Go Betweens, Joy Division, Swell Maps, and all the other good sounds of the era distilled into one small piece of vinyl. So, back to the first question; who they hell were these guys and where did they go?

Here

4 comments:

  1. 1979. That's all I got for ya. Where're all the collectors?

    Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After supporting the Angelic Upstarts, a keyboard player was added, and they became The Hornets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/iGBm2LjaEnTMwjdN7

    ReplyDelete