Sunday, May 22, 2011

Tom Cora-Gumption in Limbo

Several times now, I’ve mentioned my love of cello. Weird thing is, I haven’t posted all that much that heavily features that instrument. So posting some Tom Cora is a logical attempt at rectifying this error as he was one of the masters of the instrument. Unlike the Casals I posted earlier this is a much more demanding listen. But when you think of the zillion collaborations he has been involved with (Zorn, Frith, Chadbourne, The Ex, etc) it all makes sense. You think, at some point, more people would have picked up on what this guy was doing. Perhaps he’s still too out there for all those people who have put in the time to be classically trained and all of that. But I suppose that always is the downside of academics.

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment