Sunday, May 22, 2011

Denny Gerrard-Sinister Morning

Since I’m trying to give people what they want (atypical for me most of the time) I see that High Tide has been downloaded quite a bit and that really pleases me. Since that be the case then perhaps you might find this curio of interest as High Tide are the backing band. And they really pull out all the stunts for this dark psych epic. Rather than the heavy mind melters they are known for, they seem to fit within Gerrard’s more folky vision without any struggle. I still only know a few people who care, let alone have listened to this album and I can’t quite figure that out. There’s plenty more obscure items than this one. Maybe my ears are all wrong. I mean, I am color blind. Is there such a phenomenon as sound deaf?

Here

5 comments:

  1. New to me - nice! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. New to most. You're not out of the loop with this one, it's just that this is one that time seemed to have forgotten.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this one; can't wait to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this record is one of the best 'lost gems' you've put up on your blog. Months later, I still love it. High Tide blues shredding+Mamas & Papas soundalike backups+looser than clams rhythms. what's not to like. my only regret is that I need to find a copy now.

    ReplyDelete