Sunday, May 9, 2010

Cathy Berberian-Revolution: An Operatic First

I think I've said this before, but I just ain't to hip to the Beatles and their cult (i.e. everyone) who worships at their altar. While I'd rather listen to Yoko Ono any day of the week, I will admit that they did have some catchy tunes. I just prefer to hear those songs fucked fucked with by others. I know purist will cry sacrilege when hearing an album like this, but fuck them. Go stick you pencil dick in the spindle hole of your butcher cover. Berberian was the premiere mezzo-soprano of her time (at least that's what my limited opera knowledge tells me). And I do know she was married to Berio for a time. And here she tries to legitimize the mop tops' catalog by giving it the full on opera make over. It really is pretty ridiculous, but who cares. I'm sure Beatles fans will hate this, but fuck them. Two down, two to go.

Here

1 comment:

  1. Bravo,this is something for me,I love eccentric stuff + she actually had excellent voice

    ReplyDelete