Friday, April 27, 2012

Brave New World-Impressions on Reading Aldous Huxley


I don’t think I’ve read Brave New World since I was in junior high, so my own impressions are a bit hazy (thank you drugs).  Whatever my initial reactions were, I can definitively state that they did not conjure up some desire to create a bizarro prog epic.  But apparently it had that effect on several people.  Well, enough people to actually make this record.  I guess it took some German/Irish transcontinental connection to gather enough souls willing to commit to this project.  But I’m glad they we’re able to share their mutual appreciate of the psychedelic pioneer.  Perhaps not as Krautish as I would have desired, yet still highly enjoyable.  And another from the NWW list.

2 comments:

  1. Can't believe I've not heard this before,...or have I? Best album I've heard this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably have heard it before. This one took some time to grow on me so I can see a period when I could have heard this and not have it turn my head. The important thing is that we can hear it now.

    ReplyDelete