Thursday, April 12, 2012

Art Zoyd-Symphonie Pour Le Jour Où Brûleront Les Cités

There will never be any apologies by me for my love of prog. And it doesn't even have to be "cool" prog. Hell, I love spending the day fantasizing I was Keith Emerson's karate instructor on the ELP '77 tour. While I can definitely handle the cheesy aspects of the genre, I'll cop to the fact that I do tend to like the less commercial acts. This obviously falls in the later category. There's just something sinister and creeping about these tracks that make it an apt soundtrack to night stalking or other pleasure sports. If this had some creep out cover and a band name that didn't sound like a matchbook illustrator, then maybe this would receive more esteem. Again, another NWW list (my goal is to get up at least one album per band--expect Franz de Byl; I don't want to deal with that nutter).

Here

1 comment: