Monday, February 28, 2011

Skullflower-Last Shot at Heaven

Matthew Bower's work ethic makes me feel like I my veins are full of molasses or something. How the hell is that guy in ten thousand bands? There's no need to listen them all because my fingers only have so much stamina and you probably already have heard of most of them (or at least you should have by now). This band went through so many different musical approaches that it's difficult to post just one album since I love pretty much all of them. But this is the one that I think will appeal to the broadest fan base. But maybe you have a different personal favorite. That's fine, we're all entitled to our own opinions. Too bad I happen to have the correct one and you don't.

here

4 comments:

  1. personal favorite of theirs!! or at least the one that totally got me into them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear. I could probably make a case for 5 or so other of their albums. But this one is aces. Let's see if people will even give it a chance though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Transformer. You never see it, fatally out of print, mind shredding. They lampoon the title of a Jefferson Airplane song, do the best version of Morning Dew you've ever heard, and Ponyland is just massive. Five stars.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tis a good one too. I've got it and can up it if people want.

    ReplyDelete