Thursday, February 17, 2011

Pale Saints-The Comforts of Madness

I know shoegaze gets a lot of jaw action these days with all the kids trying their hardest to sound like bands that existed right around the time they were being born. I'm still discovering plenty of good things from that time that seemed to have flown under my radar. But here's a band that I was familiar with (bought most of their albums for a dollar a piece) but don't seem to be talked about by people. I dunno. I always thought they had a lot going on for themselves. Definitely the guitar is pretty great so that can't be the problem. Is it the vocals that turn people off? They can be a bit much at times but I think they fits the songs proper. So tell me young 'uns, why not throw this band's name around when some hack wants to poll you on your top ten records that you blatantly try to replicate?

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment