Sunday, August 28, 2011

The Secret Syde-Hidden Secrets

The connection between psychedelic punks and later day punks is a fairly clear linear movement. But most people don't think of their beloved punk records as being psychedelic and that is often more of a socio-historical understanding of the evolutions of genres. But here was a band that clearly demonstrated a love for classic psych while simultaneously being able to play the same stage as Black Flag. Forgive them for being from Jersey. There actually was a time when great things came from that state. I suppose that notion sounds as antique as these recordings. But I am still on the lookout for a mission oak coat rack and a nice art nouveau floor lamp too, so who am I to criticize antiques.

Here

1 comment:

  1. My cousin ,Rob ,drummed for these guys ,one of the best of the neo-psych scene of the 80's. I'm embarrassed to say I'm from the Jersey shore,what with all these ugly idiots besmirchin' the shore's good name. I just say I'm from up North (i live in Florida ,you don't!) I posted this a few years back ,and it's always been one of my faves ,and not just becuz my cuz plays on it!
    http://sluggisha.blogspot.com
    http://mediachrist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete