Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Tetuzi Akiyama-Route 13 the Gates of Hell

Have to thank my good pal Ryan for turning me on to this one (miss you buddy). I can't say I know too much about this dude. I know he was in a band with Keiji Haino (ten million points for looking like some super awesome Japanese warlock, but why all the obsessive fans), and I guess that's enough for some people. This album comes in two parts: 1.) the front loaded acoustic section that is good, but not the reason I am posting this, and 2.) the weird ass, minimalist, zz topped boogie rock of the second half. It's a sound I've often dreamt of but I can't seem to locate. It's just representative riffs that make you want to shake you ass or at least snatch a granny's purse. None of the other nonsense that mires down many albums of previous eras that Akiyama draws from (you know, histrionic vocals, absurd solos (on every instrument), excessively tight trousers, etc).

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment