Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Alice Coltrane-Huntington Ashram Monastery

Sometimes, not too often, but sometimes, I think that Alice beats out her hubby for some of the most beautiful out sound, higher key, spiritual soul soothers. Here, the High Priestess is joined by Ron Carter and Rashied Ali for one super stoopid cosmic jazz. The harp in jazz context almost always works for me. Here's no different. I think eventually she'll get her true props as a real pioneer that definitely was not just cashing in on her husband's legacy. But I suppose there'll always be the naysayers. Fuck them.

Update: Thanks Edo for pointing out a broken file. I don't know why that happened, but rather than go through that whole process, I decided to borrow a link from Free Form, Free Jazz, so go over there and thank those guys. New link up and running.

Here

5 comments: