Friday, September 30, 2011

Norma Loy-Romance 12"

These guys seem to be footnoted as for the fact that they were named by Alan Vega (is this really true?). That seems a bit daft as the record holds up on its own merits. Nice and buzzy and synthy as it should be. I know the kids like this kinda thing but just talking to someone I was reminded how much more I'd rather listen to some Gordon Lightfoot. So this is good and it's here to download. But young uns don't forget to pick up thy Lightfoot. Synthesizers will only take you so far.

Here (reuped 7/19/12)

1 comment:

  1. Norma Loy _is_ good!

    Anyway, I grew up listening to Gordon (you should the state of my "Gord's Gold"), and was horrified when I read a piece by Alan Jones portraying him as a drunken asshole. Oh, feet of clay!

    BTW, Scott Walker's cover of Sundown is an abomination. Ed Kuepper's is not.

    ReplyDelete