Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shocking Blue-At Home

Curse my fate. My much anticipated premier as a dj was stymied by a faulty sound system and general incompetence. One more bullshit thing to happen to me this week, I guess. In any event, the crowd seemed pretty lame. I doubt they would have dug this (it was on my playlist), but that doesn't mean that you can't. This crew is probably most known to us for two things: 1.) Nirvana covering Love Buzz and 2.) writing Venus--you know, the one they play in that commercial for that razor. What people should be talking about instead is what a bad ass guitar player Robbie van Leeuwen was. Then again, I think people should really be talking about how awesome the whole Dutch psych scene was. Aside from a select few I've never really heard people talk much about that scene. Why is that?

Here

2 comments: