Friday, July 16, 2010

Rashied Ali & Leroy Jenkins-Swift are the Winds of Life

Has anyone else found this summer to be intolerably dull? Aside from the disgusting heat, there has been almost nothing of note. The highlights for me have been playing trivia at a local tavern and making my cat's legs swing like a pendulum. That's how pointless my life is. But in these times of crushing boredom it's nice to have a little violin free jass action to pass the time with. I picked this one up some years ago off a friend and have always found the novelty of the drum/violin duo an interesting context to explore the limits of jazz structure. Being that I love the violin, this has always been a fun listen for me. Add to that Coltrane's former drummer and you've got yourself a pretty great disc.

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment