Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Monkees-Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones LTD.

Scoff if you wish, but you'd be a pretty dumb asshole for doing so. I hear a lot of shit talked about the Monkees due to their business model, teen target, construction. But who really cares about that? That has, is, and will continue to be the nature of pop music. You think your beloved Beatles would be nearly as successful if they were some slope-headed, cromags? I'm doubtful. And here's another band that I would rank higher than the Beatles. I loved their show as a kid. I loved their movie Head as an adult. And I've continued to love-particularly this one-for as long as I can remember. These guys still aren't getting their proper dues.

Here

3 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite records of all time. Already have it but thanks for what you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I don't get why people still shit on this great band

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO MATTER WHAT,THE MONKEES WERE A GREAT GROUP OF COMEDIANS AT THE FIRST PLACE (SO BE SAID BY JOHN LENNON HIMSELF - AND MYSELF TOO) AND A ROCK GROUP WITH VERY GOOD SONGS.AN UNDERRATED BAND FROM THE SIXTIES AND THIS IS PERHAPS THEIR BEST RECORD EVER.I SAID.

    ReplyDelete