Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Coachmen-Failure to Thrive

Another in the "before they were famous" series. This one is probably a bit more known than some of the others I've posted simply because it was Thurston Moore's first band. No, it doesn't sound like Sonic Youth, but it doesn't need to. This stands up just fine on its own. He just happens to be in the band, but it doesn't sound like it's his band alone. Up beat, angular, catchy and fun. Sure, I like Sonic Youth more but that doesn't mean I don't like this too. I thought more people would be aware of this by now. It's not a well guarded secret or anything.

Here

3 comments:

  1. This is a great album, and one of many I lost in a hard drive snafu. Thanks for putting it back in my collection. Came out in 1978 or '79, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it was recorded in 78 but I don't think this came out until Watt put it out in 88 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    I love your blog and I became a member. I also look toward new members on my blog:

    www.orogod.blogspot.com

    where you are welcome.
    Best regards,
    Oro

    ReplyDelete