Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Randy California-Kapt Kopter and the (Fabulous) Twirly Birds

Don't like Spirit? Well then sir, you may go fuck yourself. How can you not love that fucking band? The drummer was super old and bald. They were ripped off heavy by Zep (check Taurus and then listen to Stairway to Heaven). And I've seen band photos that featured Randy California in a speedo. I mean, what's not to like? And while there's serious guitar mastery here (as with Spirit) this seems much more stoned to my ears. I'm not super convinced by the covers, but originals like Downer make this worth the minute or two of download time alone. And jeez, just look at how cool musicians used to look. Now, most look like models or accountants. Or have that horrible little fin hair cut (I think you know what bullshit I'm talking about). Or that shitty weak beard that looks like they glued a few pubes on their faces. Where did we go wrong?

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment