Monday, April 12, 2010

Quiet Sun-Mainstream

Let's see who's involved with this prog rock (of the Canterbury persuasion) delight. Well, Brian Eno is involved. There's Phil Manzanara of Roxy Music fame. Charles Hayward of This Heat is there too. There's also people connected with Robert Wyatt and Matching Mole. And yes, this is a real album. I know it sounds like some dream band, but you can hear it for yourself. And you should. While I'll admit that I like probably like all the other bands and musicians more than this one off, but still, that's only because I love those other bands so much, not that I dislike this or anything. If you've heard the 801 album then I guess you can use that as a point of reference. Maybe a more aggressive Soft Machine or something.

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment