Friday, September 3, 2010

Dreamies

Someone I know once accused me of stealing this album from him. I didn't and fuck you for asking. I do however own a copy and if I didn't and the opportunity to purloin a copy presented itself there's little doubt that the owner would be suffering. Why the risk, you ask. Because this is simply one of the best psych records of all time. Bill Holt recorded this all on his lonesome and more or less predicted the entire elephant 6 sound. And this was all by himself. I know this is pretty standard fare these days, but back in my youth this was a revelatory listening experience. Definitely one of those that you must download if you don't already have it. I've seen that the cd version of this breaks down the two side long tracks into several. That's not what you're getting here. Just the two songs, the way they were intended to be heard.

Buy it here

4 comments:

  1. Hadn't heard this one. Thanks.

    Nice mash between, oh let's say, Jandek and ELP. Good choice leaving it as two tracks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what a dream band. I only wish that combo existed in some form.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for enjoying my Dreamies album. Can you please provide a link to amazon or iTunes, instead of a bootleg download? I very much appreciate purchases of my music. The illegal downloads really hurt.
    Thank you.

    Bill Holt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let me get on that. The link will be shut down now. By the way (and I don't know if you'll ever read this) but you're album is one of my all time favorites, and it really changed the way I listen to music. Thank you for making such a beautiful piece of work.

    ReplyDelete