Friday, June 1, 2012

Thirteen Moons-Origins

Never heard this until recently though it's been around for a long time.  But sometimes I'm snail like when it comes to tracking down music that doesn't necessarily fall into my lap.  Thankfully, I happened upon this band by a chance which I can't even remember how it occurred.  One of those rare fortuitous moments I suppose where change actually doesn't lead to a serious fucking over (but that's my life...).  Sam and other people looking for more good period Talk Talk now have a new band to champion because these Swedes bring jazzy anti-rock depressives that just ooze melancholy in all the best ways.  A million post rock bands didn't hear these guys and somehow made shit that drew from it but then added all these dumb explosions and crashes when none of them were needed at all.  But these guys knew that years before it ever happened.

Here

2 comments: