Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Thug-Electric Woolly Mammoth


I see thugs every day.  Like my students who get “misunderstood” tattooed on their forearm.  Or “laugh now, cry later” on their biceps.  And you have to love the ubiquitous angel tattoo on the neck (with someone’s birth/death dates, of course).  These are my students.  I don’t judge.  I have tattoos too.  But I know some of these kids live the real thug life.  Hell, I’ve even had a few offer to beat people up for me or get me some stolen goods.  This isn’t that type of thug, although there is a certain sense of brutality to some of their sounds.  It’s another Australian gem.  Everything I’ve read about this band (which is not all that much) seems to mention the same three bands as points of comparison.  Let’s just say that seem extra Lay Zee.  And I should know since I’m quite a lazy sod these days.  If you want to know who those three bands are I suppose you can let your fingers do the walking and find out on your own.  I think it’s better even yet to just give it a listen.  And I don’t really think any of those comparisons are that accurate anyways.  People, how many things actually sound like Captain Beefheart?

No comments:

Post a Comment