Sunday, January 3, 2010

Trader Horne-Morning Way

This one I almost don't want to write about since I love it so much. It's one of the most beautiful albums I've heard in that it is often simultaneously joyous and severely depressing in the same moment. That bittersweet tone just seems so perfect and so difficult to achieve that I can think of so few albums that are even remotely as successful. Judy Dyble, previously of Fairport Convention, and Jackie McAuley, formerly of Them, released this sole missive and then split. It's somehow very much of the time, in terms of production and arrangement, yet somehow seems utterly timeless. There's folk, there's rock, there's folk-rock, all dusted with some magical powder that somehow makes these genre designations meaningless. This band always finds it's way onto mixes no matter who I'm making it for.

Here

No comments:

Post a Comment